Dark Crisis from writer Joshua Williamson and artist Daniel Sampere kicks off this month with “Dark Crisis no.0 FCBD Special Edition” (May 7) and “Justice League: Road to Dark Crisis no.1” (May 31).
In addition to “Dark Crisis: Worlds Without a Justice League — Superman no.1,” a who’s who of comics talent will pay tribute to the World’s Greatest Superheroes in Worlds Without a Justice League one-shots:
- Dark Crisis: Worlds Without a Justice League — Superman no.1 — Tom King (w) and Chris Burnham (a); Aquaman backup by Brandon Thomas (w) and Fico Ossio (a)
- Dark Crisis: Worlds Without a Justice League — Green Lantern no.1 — Phillip Kennedy Johnson (w) and Fernando Blanco (a); Hawkgirl backup by Nadia Shammas (w) and Jack Herbert (a)
- Dark Crisis: Worlds Without a Justice League — Wonder Woman no.1 — Tini Howard (w) and Leila Del Duca (a); Martian Manhunter backup by Dan Watters (w) and Bandon Peterson (a)
- Dark Crisis: Worlds Without a Justice League — Green Arrow no.1 — Stephanie Phillips (w) and Clayton Henry (a); Black Canary backup by Dennis Culver (w) and Nik Virella (a)
- Dark Crisis: Worlds Without a Justice League — Batman no.1 — Si Spurrier (w) and Ryan Sook (a); Zatanna backup by Meghan Fitzmartin (w) and Rebecca Isaacs (a)
Additional details for each of the “Dark Crisis: Worlds Without a Justice League” one-shots, including plot points, artwork and more, will be revealed soon!
To make sure fans don’t miss a single issue of DC’s event of the year, DC has created a special Dark Crisis checklist that will be included in “Dark Crisis no.0 FCBD Special Edition.” The checklist includes all issues of Dark Crisis, as well as the three Flash tie-ins and the six-issue “Dark Crisis: Young Justice” from Meghan Fitzmartin and Laura Braga. Revealed for the first time is “Dark Crisis: War Zone no.1” from Joshua Williamson. More details will be announced as its December release date approaches.
Originally created for DC FanDome 2021 by DC Chief Creative Officer and Publisher Jim Lee, the first in a series of crisis homage variant covers pays tribute to the original crisis event, “Crisis on Infinite Earths” by Marv Wolfman and George Pérez. The open to order variant cover for Dark Crisis no.1, which was fully colored by Alex Sinclair for the first time ever, shows the expansive DC Multiverse in action and is a fitting tribute to one of the biggest comic events in history.
As was previously announced, “Dark Crisis no.7” will feature an open to order variant of the George Pérez birthday celebration cover. Retailers who order 50 copies of every Dark Crisis homage variant cover will receive a foil variant of the George Pérez cover. A special version of the George Pérez “Dark Crisis no.7” variant will be available for sale by The Hero Initiative to raise funds for one of Pérez’s favorite charities.
“Justice League no.75,” which just hit stands on April 26, is going back to the printer for a second printing that will also include a new Wally West focused story written by Joshua Williamson with art by Jim Cheung from the upcoming “Dark Crisis no.0 FCBD Special Edition.” The new printing of “Justice League no.75” will be available at local comic shops on Tuesday, May 31.